Friday, July 17, 2009

Random Question Mis-Fire

Based on an actual question that Blogspot asked m. In fact, this is that question, word for word. I just wanted to be a pretentious jack-ass and say 'based on...' in a sentence. I loved it.


Question - For your birthday, your aunt gave you a maple syrup dispenser shaped like a rooster. Please write her a thank-you note: Aunt, the present you most recently gave me for my Birthday was unconventional, to say the least, and in some ways, useless, because I don't eat pancakes or waffles. However, I enjoy the thought that was so evidently put into the present; actually, the mere fact that you thought about buying me this present at all is, well, slightly disturbing. There's no point to it. No meaning, purpose whatsoever. It's totally useless... Pointless. Why would you... get me something useless and pointless on my Birthday, the day I was born? *In exclamation* The day I was born! Of course! It all makes sense now. Life is meaningless, birthdays don't exist because dates and time are inventions of the human mind, and roosters have no name because we have no objective authority to name them! Of course. You gave me nihilism for my birthday present. Well, aunt, this sure beats my Christmas present - and this time I don't have to use a safety word!

No comments:

Post a Comment